Sunday 21 June 2015

Getting the most out Mornings in 5 simple steps



image credit to http://www.savingcentswithsense.net
I get asked often" How do you do it? How do you get so much done?" As a mum of 2 primary school aged kids, who is working, studying, designing, creating quilts and writing a blog, I can attribute my  success to 2 things My faith in Jesus Christ and Good routines.

Because I get asked this question often, I decided to share a little of how I do it.

5 simple routine tasks each day

There are 5 simple things we can each do, to make the day run smoothly and walk out the door with a smile on our faces. Children and adults can do these tasks easily. My daily routine, starts the night before.

  1. Wash the dishes, clean the sink and bench.
  2. Lay out your clothes for tomorrow.
  3. Load the washing machine to start it in the morning.
  4. Make your bed as you get out of it.
  5. spend a few minutes to scan your home and put away stray items.


These 5 simple things create a simple routine that can be built on over time. Each one of these tasks take only a few minutes and together can save you an hours in cleaning, as you have kept up with the basics. I have found that in the weeks I do this, my home, my mind and my energy all feel better. On the weeks that I don't, I find that it takes me 2 to 3 weeks to get back to the place I was, when I was in routine.

We all grow up with routines. Whether it was your school routine or knowing that play school is on at 4pm. as we get older, many of us feel as though we don't have to continue what Mum taught us. I know I did. I hated washing dishes. I would do my best to get out of any "chore" that I could manage to be too busy for.

Now as an adult and a parent, I have learned the importance of routines. Simple things that help to make the days run smoothly. I hope that the lessons I have learned will help you too

Blessings
Rivkah



0 comments:

Post a Comment