Wednesday 3 June 2015

It's the little things



Over the last few months I have started journaling. I started out with a Sentence a day journal. What I discovered from such a simple starting point from someone who thought she couldn't journal, is that I had more to say than one sentence! It was the beginning of a new habit in my life. It has helped me to look at life through new eyes and want to explore life a little more deeply.


My next step was to start a gratitude journal. I am now running both journals side by side and loving it. I know that if a couple of my very good friends read this, they will be cheering. They have both advocated journaling as a way to work through my thoughts, emotions and to see my journey unfold. Before starting this little habit, journalling seemed like such a daunting task. I was scared of what I would write and what people would think it they read it. Not any more. Each day I can now file away the thoughts and stressors of the day into the journal. I can be really honest with myself and not worry if certain people read it. If they do, then so be it.

If you like I did, think that writing a journal is for the too hard basket, I challenge you to give it a go. Just write one sentence a day for 30 days. I almost guarantee you will be a lover of journalling in no time.

PS. Thank you to my friend Raelene for always encouraging me in this. I now I am not there yet, but I am on my way xx.

0 comments:

Post a Comment