Wednesday 18 January 2012

WOYWW 137

 Cross Stitch, Cards, sewing and the 1st reno complete

So I like to keep busy!! I couldn't decide which part of my desk to show you today, so you got the lot lol!!
I have been busy sorting through my craft stash and clearing out some stuff that I just don't love. In the process, I found some little kits that I can stitch up fairly quickly and make into a card.

I went to a Team Training Day with a friend's Kaszazz Team on Sunday and these beauties just don't want to leave my desk just yet.

I have 2 more dresses on the go at the moment. the floral is getting button holes and the hem done today and with little luck (kids you are going to have a nap today!) I will get the doggy print dress done too.

Renovation of the old Bar and Lounge room (stage 1) are done! The feature walls are a beautiful shade of Perfect Plum (for the Stampin Up fans) and the main walls are Dulux Hog Bristle. Hubby found the slightly abstract paintings for a bargain at $20 ea.



17 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Which came first? The plum paint or the gorgeous abstract artwork? Because they look FANTASTIC together, I would have chosen that combo too. Really classy!
And that dress looks pretty amazing to me, the fabric is very sweet. You look as if you're one clever seamstress too :)
Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

Rivkah Burch said...

Thanks Jan, The paint came first. It was a mistint that I picked up for a bargain! I can follow a pattern well enough to quickly make up clothes for my DD. She loves these dresses so much that as soon as they are washed and ironed, she is wearing them again!

Neil said...

Thank you for sharing a bit of your world with us WOYWWers this morning! I hope you have a wonderful week.
Neil # 34

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there, You have been having fun there - love the cards and dresses too! thanks so much for sharing. Happy WOYWW! love, Shaz in Oz. x #67

Inkypinkycraft said...

Happy woyww hugs trace x no9

May said...

You've been having lots of fun, great cards, Hugs May x x x

Karen said...

WOW you have been busy and having lots of fun! I especially love the cards, the colours are gorgeous :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Karen #86

Enfys said...

I love that plum colour on the wall, and the artwork looks wonderful against it..

ScrappnBee said...

Love the boxes! They came out perfect! The painting and the wall match beautifully! Love it! Thanks for sharing!Happy WOYWW- Amanda 40

Katie said...

Love the cards! What fabulous art you found :) Love it!

katie (112)

505whimsygirl said...

The plum color and the abstract painting are perfect together! It looks like you've been busy creating too -- bonus!!!

Happy WOYWW
Kay #117

okienurse said...

I love perfect plum and wish they hadn't gotten rid of the pale plum that complimented it. Looks like you have been really busy this week. Have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #33

voodoo vixen said...

Your newly painted wall looks fabulous in that plum shade and the piece of art on it is perfect!! Love your little dress on the table too!

Brenda B said...

Wow to the wall, what a brilliant shade and a fantastic painting to go with it, they were made to be together. Love those little shabby chic sewing kits you have, and I hope the kids gave you enough time to get the dresses finished.

Hugs
Brenda 104

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That's a fun colored room and that painting is just made to go with it. I don't blame you for not wanting to take those beautiful boxes of art away yet. Gorgeous!

Lou said...

Perfect Painting to go on that wall, you are sooo clever to be able to sew clothes, those boxes are amazing Have a good week Lou x

Katie said...

That dress is just adorable!

Happy WOYWW (on Monday!)
Katie #16

Post a Comment