Tuesday 17 January 2012

Reading Books and Zone Cleaning

Ok so this might sound like a strange mix of things to do. I challenged myself to finish to books as part of my zone cleaning this month. I read my novels a week at a time, as I get bored easily and feel the need to jump from one to another. The only problem with this, is that I had six books in various stages of being read, let alone my bible. I thought I would share with you the book I have been reading and maybe it will give you some inspiration to start a book marathon of your own ;)

The first book that I have finally finished is "Sidetracked Home Executives" by Pam Young and Peggy Jones.
The are the original FLY Girls. It has been really inspiring to read their story and see how the Fly Lady routine came about in later years.

The Other book is "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time". This is an inspiring story that really allows you to get inside the head of a teenage boy with aspergers. He runs away from home after discovering through his diligent detective work that his own father murdered the neighbours dog.

I have found for myself that tying a book to my cleaning zones has given me focus, and I am now finding that books are being read instead of being dust collectors. Now that is something a declutterer like myself loves to see, books leaving the bedside, because they are finished, not because I didnt get around to reading them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment