Tuesday 14 January 2014

Get organised in 30 days, Day 14

Making the most of your day home

Ok, so the title is probably not what you were expecting, but I felt that I really needed to share with you how I break up my day (especially on school holidays), so that things get done around home, but the kids get to have fun and I get to enjoy them too.
Firstly, I work/play in half hour lots. I have found that I can then devote more time with the kids this way, unless we have an outing. While I am working, the kids are either helping with a task, watching a spot of tv, doing educational computer time or playing outside.
So from the time I get up until breakfast, I have made my bed, got dressed and put on the washing from the night before. The kids do their morning routine, including feed the cat and empty 1 rack of the dishwasher.
After breakfast we finish tidying the kitchen and I spend time with the kids helping them to finish any tasks they may have have difficulty with. We then have half an hour of time together, doing something they want to do.
In the next hour I complete some ironing and then play with the kids.
We then hang out the washing and play outside.
Do the daily task and spend some time working on a project that is in my project planner. Often the kids like to help too, then the kids have some educational time, while I prepare lunch.

I like to keep the afternoon flexible. 
Often my daughter will have a nap when we are home, so my son will play on his DS or on the Wii while she naps, so that I can work on a personal project (quilting or cross stitch) and then start on my blog. We also keep this time free for outings and shopping.

When the kids are at school, I run an ironing service for the teachers, so I break up my day similarly, but do it like this
iron, clean, iron, rest(do something for me). I repeat this action until work is done for the day and I pick up the kids.

Keeping my day on a simple routine like this have kept my sanity and allows me to plan any outings in advance. 

Slipshod Scrub and Shine Day

Today I want you to wipe down your cupboards, and give the fridge and oven a wipe down too. remember to make it fun and put on some music that makes you want to move.

Also don't forget to look at the photos on the Facebook page of my current project. I am doing it all 15 minutes at a time.

Have a fantastic day and God Bless

Rivkah

0 comments:

Post a Comment