Friday 24 January 2014

Get Organised in 30 Days, Day 24

Self Image and Self Care

As a busy mum and carer, I have had very little time to myself over the years. I learned a few years ago how to do a few things once a week to set my week up to be successful. Normally on a Friday night (or Saturday if we have a date night), I do these 3 things:

  1. Spend 30 minutes ironing my clothes and pair up outfits for the next week. 
  2. Have a soak in the bath, give myself a facial and manicure my eyebrows
  3. paint my nails.
By doing these 3 tasks, I find that I am less stressed during the week, as I already have my clothes ready. I can stumble out of bed n the morning and grab an outfit, put it on and start my day looking good. I also have regularly scheduled appointments with my hair dresser. This is my one BIG outlay every 2 months, as I do colour my rapidly greying hair. I have saved hundreds of dollars by doing my own eyebrows and facials. This allows me to have the luxury of getting my hair done.

Today, I challenge you to add to your weekly facial routine and do these 3 tasks. take some time out and think about next week. Make up some outfits, paint your nails, spend a little time on yourself. I guarantee that your mood will improve and you will have a spring in your step.

I also challenge you today to book in a couple of date nights in with your loved ones. With your partner and with your children (should you have any). 

Have a wonderful Friday
God Bless
Rivkah

0 comments:

Post a Comment